St. Augustine Police Department

General Questions

How do I get a copy of a police report or a traffic crash report?
Request a copy by going to the St. Augustine Police Department (SAPD) at 151 King St.  Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to request a copy.  Under certain circulstances reports can be faxed or e-mailed, call for details at 904.825.1074.

How do I file a police report?
Call 904.825.1070 and speak to a dispatcher or come into the station at anytime, 24/7. If an emergency call 911.

Where do I find information about employment with the St. Augustine Police Department?
Vacancies are posted only when there are openings. A civil service application can be obtained from Human Resources only and cannot be obtained on-line.

Where do I pay a parking citation?
Financial Services, 50 Bridge St. has a drive-through window and free parking in the front of the building. Cash, debit or credit cards can be processed.

How can I report traffic complaints in my neighborhood?
Call 904.825.1070 (dispatch) to report a complaint.

How can I get a crime prevention program or other related police presentation for my group, school, or organization?
Call Community Resource Officer Mark Samson at 209-3456.

What should I do if I call 911 by mistake?
Do not hang up. If you hang up dispatch will call you back and send an officer to respond to your address. Explain to the operator that you misdialed the phone.

If I need the police, but it is not an emergency, what number do I call?
Call 904.825.1070

What are the hours of operation for the St. Augustine Police Department Records Section?
Most public records can be obtained Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

How much does it cost to obtain a copy of a St. Augustine Police report?
Under 10 pages free. 10 or more pages - $2. Traffic Homicide - $25. Any other voluminous reports - $15 for every 15 minutes used by the clerk to copy the report.

Who can obtain a copy of a traffic crash report?
The parties involved, the owners of the vehicles involved or their insurance companies before 60 days. After 60 days anyone can get a crash report.

<Go Back