Recovery assistance center available at Galimore Center TODAY
October 21, 2016 - U.S. Senator Marco Rubio has announced a comprehensive recovery assistance center in St. Augustine, open today at 10:00 am, for residents affected by Hurricane Matthew. Described as a one-stop-shop, the center will serve those in need with a wide variety of agencies and organizations on had to offer help and guidance.
The assistance center will be open on Friday, October 21 from 10:00am to 4:00pm at the Galimore Center, 399 Riberia St.
Coordination of the event is with the assistance of U.S. Representative Ron DeSantis and St. Augustine Mayor Nancy Shaver.
Organizations, companies, and state and local agencies who will be on site to help residents include:
- American Red Cross
- United Way
- Catholic Charities
- Florida Department of Financial Services, Division of Consumer Services
- Florida SBDC Network
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF)
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- St. Johns County Animal Control
- People’s Trust Insurance Company