Work intensifies with a series of regular and special city commission meetings
While work on the City of St. Augustine’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 budget has been ongoing for several weeks, that work intensifies over the following months with several special meetings of the city commission resulting in a final budget being in place by the start of the fiscal year on October 1. The first of those meetings is on Monday, June 25 at 3:00pm.
Several of the special meetings regarding the budget will be held just prior to regular city commission meetings while others will be included as part of a regular meeting’s agenda. All meetings will be held in The Alcazar Room, City Hall, 75 King St., and are planned to be available for live and on-demand viewing via www.CityStAugTV.com.
Meetings by the commission related to the budget preparation are:
- Monday, June 25, 3:00pm (Special Meeting): Discussion of the 2019 budget assumptions with a focus on revenues. This meeting will also include the results of the Utility Rate Study.
- Monday, July 9, 5:00pm (Regular Meeting): Adoption of the proposed millage rate and other budget-related resolutions if needed.
- Monday, August 13, 3:00pm-5:00pm (Special Meeting): Additional discussion of the 2018 budget assumptions and the five-year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Monday, August 13, 5:00pm (Regular Meeting): Public hearing on budget-related resolutions as necessary.
- Thursday, August 23, 9:00am (Special Meeting): Presentation of and discussion regarding the FY 2019 proposed budget and action items.
- Friday, August 24, 9:00am (Special Meeting): Discussion and approval of proposed FY 2019 proposed budget and action items.
- Thursday, September 6, 5:05pm (Special Meeting): Initial public hearing for the FY 2019 budget and tentative millage rate adoption.
- Thursday, September 20, 5:05pm (Special Meeting): Final public hearing for the FY 2019 budget and final millage rate adoption.
- Monday, October 1: Budget for FY 2019 is implemented.
For more information about the budget process, contact Meredith Breidenstein, Director of Budget and Performance, at 904.825.1006.