News You Can Use
- Neighborhood Walks: View the current schedule for upcoming walks, or learn how to schedule a walk for your neighborhood.
- FDOT Summary Overview (video) of the San Marco/May Street Intersection improvements project, due to begin later this summer.
- Mobility Program Status Update Presentation by Reuben Franklin, City Commission meeting (3/27/17)
- Free park & ride shuttle returns on Saturdays in April, starting April 1st.
- The Break Room interview with Reuben Franklin: Traffic, Parking, Neighborhoods, Bridge of Lions openings, "Complete Streets", May Street/San Marco.
Meet the Team
| Reuben Franklin,
Mobility Program Manager
| Xavier "X" Pellicer,
Mobility in St. AugustineWithin the framework of any city government, multiple departments play a role in planning, operations, enforcement and engineering initiatives aimed towards maintaining and improving mobility. Coordinating the various city departments that play a role in mobility is the responsibility of our Mobility Coordinator, .
Consider Vision 2014, the city's strategic action plan, where mobility was identified as the number one priority in addressing the viability and livability concerns of our city. Mobility presents one of the largest challenges facing our city leaders today, as they navigate the obstacles of population growth, commercial expansion and increasing tourism.
Through extensive teamwork and engaging a wide array of stakeholders (including the Florida Department of Transportation, St. Johns County, the North Florida Transportation Planning Organization, the Tourist Development Council, hospitality industry, local attractions, local employers and local residents), the City of St. Augustine has created a Mobility Initiative. With oversight from LittleJohn, and community input and participation, an executable course of action will be developed to mitigate and reduce the mobility challenge in the city.