City Clerk

Comprehensive Plan 2040:

Mapping Our Future

Learn More

City Clerk

Darlene Galambos, City ClerkThe Department of City Clerk is responsible for preserving all municipal documents in an efficient and effective manner, including archiving all records, publishing notices for public meetings and hearings, and preparing meeting minutes of the City Commission, and other committees and boards, as appointed.  The City Clerk is one of three positions appointed by the City Commission, in addition to City Manager and City Attorney.  Darlene Galambos is the City Clerk and Official Public Records Custodian.

The department works with the St. Johns County Supervisor of Elections to coordinate the election of city commissioners.

The City Clerk's office is located on the 2nd Floor of City Hall, also known as the Lightner Museum building.  The physical address of City Hall is 75 King Street.  When visiting the City Clerk's office, use Elevator "B", found in the southeast corner of the courtyard at City Hall.

Office Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Mailing Address: City of St. Augustine, P. O. Box 210, St. Augustine, FL 32085-0210
Phone:  (904) 825-1007
Fax:  (904) 825-1008

Public Records Request
There is no official form to submit in order to request public records.  Anyone can send an email, call the City Clerk’s office, send a fax, or appear in person.

Request Proclamation
Proclamations are considered an excellent way of providing valuable education, awareness, and information to the citizens of the City of St. Augustine.  Proclamations may be issued for special events and/or activities to recognize the effort and commitment of organizations that positively impact or enhance our community.

All requests for proclamations must be made in writing or via email through the City Clerk’s Office. Download the Proclamations Policy and Proclamation Application to begin.  Contact the Clerk's Office with additional questions.

Request Certificate of Recognition
The City of St. Augustine can also issue certificates of recognition or appreciation when proclamations are not appropriate.  They must be sponsored by a Commissioner. Certificates are issued at no charge to individuals and groups and only bear the signature of the sponsoring Commissioner.

Contact a City Commissioner directly to inquire about recognizing a deserving recipient.